Compare quotes from leading insurers
Get Singapore's best insurance for your bakery. Broad cover for food poisoning, fire, worker injuries, & more.
What insurance do bakers need?
Importance for bakers
Protects you against liability to third-parties for property damage or injuries.
Also covers food poisoning liability.
Protects your bakery shop against property damage, e.g. fire, explosions, certain types of water damage, etc.
Protects your employees if they suffer work-related injuries/sickness.
Legally required for all manual workers (e.g. bakers, cooks, etc.), or workers who earn <$2,600/month
Pays cash benefit if your bakery cannot operate due to covered risks, e.g. fire.
Good to have
Protects your business if your foreign workers require medical treatment.
Legally required for all S-Pass and Work Permit holders
Can you cover home bakers?
Yes. If you’d like home bakers insurance, we can certainly provide coverage. Simply fill in the contact form at the bottom of the page, and we’ll send you a quote within 24 hours.
How much coverage do I need for my bakery?
- Public Liability Insurance, with Food Poisoning Cover: The bare minimum an average bakery should have is $250,000.
- Commercial Property Insurance: The bare minimum an average bakery should have $100,000.
- Work Injury Compensation Insurance: You should insure all your employees. You are legally required to purchase Work Injury Insurance for all manual workers. Examples of manual workers include bakers, bakery assistants, and cleaners. You must also purchase this insurance for all workers who earn below $2,600/month. However, don’t just stop there – it’s recommended to carry Work Injury Insurance for all your employees, even non-manual workers like cashiers.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Consider having at least $50,000 coverage. Calculate how much gross profit you’d lose if you can’t operate your practice for 3-6 months. Ensure you can cover at least that amount.
- Foreign Worker Medical Insurance: You must purchase Foreign Worker Medical coverage for all foreign workers (S-Pass and Work Permit holders, only). Coverage is a minimum of $15,000 per foreigner.
How much does Bakers Insurance cost?
Coverage amount (example)
From $24/month for a Bakers Insurance package
$10 million common law annual limit
$45,000 medical expenses cover per worker
$15,000 per worker
From $6/month, per worker
Why use Provide for Bakers Insurance?
Provide gets you tailored online quotes for bakers insurance, at the lowest premiums.
Save up to 25% on your premiums
Save time with our convenient online platform to get quotes, file claims, and manage policies
Expert insurance team with 20+ years experience serving both SMEs and large multinational firms
- Available by phone 7 days/week