Compare quotes from leading insurers
Get Singapore's best Childcare Centre Insurance. Broad cover against fire, public liability, worker injuries, & more.
Provide is the easiest way for childcare providers to insure their business. With our online platform, you can get comprehensive & affordable protection, in just minutes.
As a childcare provider, your clients trust you to deliver safe and enriching care for their precious children. However, if the children you’re taking care of get injured or sick, childcare providers can face serious litigation issues. Childcare centre staff and their wards are also at high risk of Covid-19 infections.
What does Childcare Centre Insurance cover?
Importance for consultants
Protects you from lawsuits related to consulting work
Protects your business premises against property damage, e.g. fire, explosions, certain types of water damage, etc.
Protects you against liability to third-parties for property damage or injuries.
Protects your employees if they suffer work-related injuries/sickness.
Legally required for all manual workers (e.g. fitness trainers), or workers who earn <$2,600/month
Provides cash benefit if you cannot operate your consulting business due to covered reasons, e.g. fire at your office.
Very good to have
Covers medical expenses for foreign workers. Pays for hospitalisation and surgery.
Legally required for foreign workers.
What are some claims examples for childcare centres?
How much coverage do I need for childcare centres?
Commercial Property Insurance: Many childcare centres will have at least $200,000 coverage. You will need enough coverage to pay for: renovations, fixtures and fittings, equipment, food/drink inventory, and furniture. If you operate a large childcare centre (e.g. you have your own standalone building), consider at least $500,000 coverage and above.
Public Liability Insurance: Childcare centres will typically carry $1 million coverage, and above.
- Work Injury Compensation Insurance: You should insure all your employees. You are legally required to purchase Work Injury Insurance for all manual workers. You must also purchase this insurance for all workers who earn below $2,600/month. However, don’t just stop there – it’s recommended to carry Work Injury Insurance for all your employees, even office-based ones.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Consider having at least $50,000-$100,000 coverage. Calculate how much gross profit you’d lose if you can’t operate your pub for 3-6 months. Ensure you can cover at least that amount.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: At least $500,000 and above. Any amount below that may be too low to sufficiently cover the cost of legal action against your business.
Foreign Worker Medical Insurance: You must purchase Foreign Worker Medical coverage for all foreign workers (S-Pass and Work Permit holders, only). Coverage is a minimum of $15,000 per foreigner.
How much does Childcare Centre Insurance cost?
Coverage amount (example)
From $19/month, for a comprehensive Childcare Centre Insurance Package deal
$10 million common law annual limit
$45,000 medical expenses cover per worker
From $6/month, pe worker
Why use Provide for Childcare Centre Insurance?
- Buy online immediately, at affordable premiums
- Get access to insurance experts, with 20+ years combined experience serving both SMEs and multinational firms
- Speak with us by phone 7 days/week