Compare quotes from leading insurers
Get Singapore's best insurance for your Kopitiam. Broad cover for food poisoning, fire, worker injuries, & more.
Provide is the quickest & easiest way for Kopitiam owners to get business insurance. Get a comprehensive policy that covers your Kopitiam shop, your equipment, your employees, and more. Get a policy online now, in just minutes.
What insurance do Kopitiams need?
Importance for kopitiams
Protects you against liability to third-parties for property damage or injuries.
Also covers food poisoning liability.
Protects your Kopitiam premises from physical damage, e.g. fire, explosions, certain types of water damage, etc.
Protects your employees if they suffer work-related injuries/sickness.
Legally required for all manual workers, or workers who earn <$2,600/month
Pays cash benefit if your Kopitiam cannot operate due to covered risks, e.g. fire.
Good to have
Protects your Kopitiam business if your foreign workers require medical treatment.
Legally required for all S-Pass and Work Permit holders
How much coverage do I need for my Kopitiam?
- Public Liability Insurance, with Food Poisoning Cover: The bare minimum an average Kopitiam should have is $500,000.
- Commercial Property Insurance: The bare minimum an average Kopitiam should have is $100,000. You will need enough coverage to protect your equipment (e.g. kitchen equipment, beverage equipment, etc), renovations, fixtures and fittings, and food and beverage stocks.
- Work Injury Compensation Insurance: You should insure all your employees. You are legally required to purchase Work Injury Insurance for all manual workers. Examples of manual workers include cooks, Kopitiam assistants, beverage makers, electrical workers, and cleaners. You must also purchase this insurance for all non-manual workers who earn $2,600/month & below. However, don’t just stop there – it’s recommended to carry Work Injury Insurance for all your employees, even non-manual workers like cashiers.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Consider having at least $50,000 coverage. Calculate how much gross profit you’d lose if you can’t operate your Kopitiam for 3-6 months. Ensure you can cover at least that amount.
- Foreign Worker Medical Insurance: You must purchase Foreign Worker Medical coverage for all foreign workers (S-Pass and Work Permit holders, only). Coverage is a minimum of $15,000 per foreigner.
Can this cover Kopitiam stalls?
Yes. This insurance can either cover the entire Kopitiam (i.e. if you are the landlord), or individual Kopitiam stalls. You can buy your insurance policy online in just a few clicks.
How much does Kopitiam Insurance cost?
Coverage amount (example)
From $24/month for a Kopitiam Insurance package
$10 million common law annual limit
$45,000 medical expenses cover per worker
$15,000 per worker
From $6/month, per worker
Why use Provide for Kopitiam Insurance?
Save up to 25% on your premiums
Save time with our convenient online platform to get quotes, file claims, and manage policies
Expert insurance team with 20+ years experience serving both SMEs and large multinational firms
- Available by phone 7 days/week