Last modified on: 9 September 2019
This Policy applies to our customers, passengers, agents, vendors, suppliers, partners (such as driver and merchant partners), contractors and service providers (collectively “you”, “your” or “yours”)
“Personal Data” is any information which can be used to identify you or from which you are identifiable. This includes but is not limited to your name, nationality, telephone number, bank and credit card details, personal interests, email address, your image, government-issued identification numbers, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, vehicle and insurance information.
Personal Data Collection
Your Personal Data is collected in the ways listed below. We may also combine the collected Personal Data with other Personal Data in our possession.
You provide your Personal Data to us
We collect your Personal Data when you voluntarily provide it to us. For example, you may provide your Personal Data to us when you:
- fill up a user profile, registration forms or policy proposal forms;
- provide information to assess your risk profile;
- interact with our social media pages;
- participate in contests or events organised by us;
- fill up demographic information in surveys.
When our services are used
Personal Data may be collected through the normal operation of our Apps, Websites, Services. Some examples are:
- your location (to automatically populate address requirements for registration forms or policy proposal forms);
- feedback, reviews and compliments;
- transaction information (such as payment method and number of policies purchased);
- information about how you interacted with our Apps, Website or services (such as features used and content viewed);
- device information (such as hardware model and serial number, IP address, file names and versions and advertising identifiers); and
- personal data you enter in messages when you use our in-app communication features.
From other sources
When we collect Personal Data from other sources, we make sure that that data is transferred to us in accordance with applicable laws. Such sources include:
- referral programmes;
- our business partners, such as ecosystem partners and payment providers
- insurance and financial providers;
- publicly available data;
- governmental sources of data;
- marketing services providers or partners.
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the information that we collect is sensitive in nature. This includes information such as national ID numbers, race, marital status, and your health or religious beliefs. We only collect this information when this is necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
Personal Data of minors
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow minors under your care to submit Personal Data to Provide. In the event that such Personal Data of a minor is disclosed to Provide, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
When you provide personal data of other individuals to us
In some situations, you may provide Personal Data of other individuals (such as your employees, company directors, or company proprietors) to us. For example, you may add them to insurance plans that cover employees and/or directors. If you provide us with their Personal Data, you represent and warrant that you have and you have obtained their consent for their Personal Data to be collected, used and disclosed as set out in this Policy.
Use of Personal Data
Provide may use, combine and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (“Purposes”).
Providing services and features
Your Personal Data will be used to provide, personalise, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using your Personal Data to:
- provide you with Services across our business verticals;
- provide you with accurate insurance quotations;
- identify and design insurance products;
- asses and process any claims;
- create, administer and update your account;
- verify your identity;
- validate your purchases and process payments;
- offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions;
- track your risk management levels and detect abnormal risk variations;
- enable features that personalise your App, such as lists of your favourite products and previous policies;
- perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
- protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available;
- process and manage your rewards;
- enable communications between our users;
- process, manage or verify your application for subscription with Provide and to provide you with subscribers’ benefits; and
- enable our partners to manage and allocate marketing resources.
Safety and security
We use your data to ensure the safety and security of our services and all users. This includes:
- verifying your identity when you log in to Provide;
- using device, location, profile, usage and other Personal Data to prevent, detect and combat fraud or unsafe activities;
- monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions, and policies
- detecting, preventing and prosecuting crime.
We use Personal Data to resolve customer support issues. For example, we may:
- investigate and address concerns;
- monitor and improve our customer support responses;
- respond to questions, comments and feedback; and
- inform you about steps taken to resolve customer support issues.
Research and development and security
We may use the Personal Data we collect for research, testing, analysis and product development. This allows us to understand your insurance needs and preferences, protect your personal data, improve the security of our services, develop new features, products and services, and facilitate the provision of insurance and finance solutions.
We may use the Personal Data we collect to investigate and resolve claims or disputes, or as allowed or required by applicable law.
We may also use your Personal Data when we are required, advised, recommended, expected or requested to do so by our legal advisors or any local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental or other authority.
For example, we may use your Personal Data to:
- comply with court orders or other legal, governmental or regulatory requirements;
- enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements; and
- protect our rights or property in the event of a claim or dispute.
We may also use your Personal Data in connection with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, business asset transactions, or acquisition of all or part of our business by another company.
Marketing and promotions
We may use your Personal Data to market Provide and Provide’s partners’ sponsors’ and advertisers’ products, services, events or promotions. For example, we may:
- send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings; and
- notify, invite and manage your participation in our events or activities;
We may communicate such marketing to you by post, telephone call, short message service, online messaging service, push notification by hand and by email.
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for marketing and promotions, please click on the unsubscribe link in the relevant email or message. Alternatively, you may also update your preferences in our Website settings.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We need to share Personal Data with various parties for the Purposes. These parties include:
For example, if you are a customer, we may share the amount of coverage you have purchased with other users. Only anonymised information, such as coverage limits purchased, type of policy purchased and the price you paid will be shared; your personal information such as your name will not be shared.
With Provide partners at your request
For example, if you requested a service through a Provide partner or used a promotion provided by a Provide partner, Provide may share your Personal Data with that Provide partners. Our partners include partners that integrate with our App or our App integrates with, ecosystem partners, or business partners which Provide collaborate with to deliver a promotion, competition or other specialised service.
With subsidiaries and affiliates
We share Personal Data with our subsidiaries, associated companies, jointly controlled entities and affiliates.
With Provide’s service providers and business partners
We may provide Personal Data to our ecosystem partners, vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This includes:
- ecosystem partners;
- insurers and reinsurers;
- payment processors and facilitators;
- credit reference agencies;
- background check and anti-money laundering service providers;
- cloud storage providers;
- debt collection agencies;
- dispute resolution parties;
- financial institutions;
- marketing partners and marketing platform providers;
- data analytics providers;
- research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Provide or on Provide’s behalf;
- fleet and merchant partners;
- industry associations;
- our professional advisors such as our auditors and lawyers;
- financing partners; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
With our legal advisors and governmental authorities
We may share your Personal Data with our legal advisors, law enforcement officials, government authorities and other third parties.
Retention of Personal Data
International transfers of Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be transferred from country, state and city (“Home Country”) in which you are present while using our services to another country, state and city (“Alternate Country”). You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data from your Home Country to the Alternate Country.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable Personal Data with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via Cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser. You may also be able to limit our sharing of some of this Personal Data through your mobile device settings.
Links to other sites
We cannot be held to be responsible for the collection, usage, and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organisations, such as Google, Apple, Microsoft and Facebook or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Amendments and updates
Provide shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites. By continuing to use the Apps, Websites or Services, purchase products from Provide or continuing to communicate or engage with Provide following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, you signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
If you have any queries about your personal data, please contact our team at:
Provide Data Protection Officer
c/o Insur-Asia Pte Ltd.
113A Upper Paya Lebar Road
The original of this Privacy Statement is written in the English language. In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.