Insurance for financial and legal services

From $19/month. Broad cover from business lawsuits, & more.

Compare quotes from leading insurers

Save up to 25% on premiums

Quick quotes for all products

Advisors available 7 days/wk

Comprehensive financial/legal services insurance to protect you from lawsuits, and much more.

Whether you provide fundraising advice, M&A advice, legal advice, or any other kind of financial/legal consulting, you’ll need  insurance to protect your business. Provide is the easiest way for you to get affordable & comprehensive insurance to cover your business. Get affordable & broad liability coverage today.

What insurance do financial/legal service businesses need?

Businesses in this industry should have the following covers to properly protect themselves:



Importance for financial/legal services firms

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Protects you from lawsuits related to financial/legal work


Commercial Property Insurance

Protects your business premises against property damage, e.g. fire, explosions, certain types of water damage, etc.

Critical if you rent an office

Public Liability Insurance

Protects you against liability to third-parties for property damage or injuries.

E.g. clients slipping & falling in your office due to you negligently leaving the floor wet.

Very good to have

Work Injury Compensation Insurance (WICA Insurance)

Protects your employees if they suffer work-related injuries/sickness.

Legally required for all workers who earn <$2,600/month, and for all manual workers

Business Interruption Insurance

Provides cash benefit if you cannot operate your financial/legal services business due to covered reasons, e.g. fire at your office.

Very good to have

Cyber Insurance

Protects you if you suffer a cyber attack. Covers IT restoration costs, data breach liability, PDPA liability, and more.

Good to have

Professional Indemnity Insurance: This is the backbone of risk mitigation for financial/legal services companies. As long as you operate a business within this industry, you must have Professional Indemnity Insurance. Financial and legal service firms are exposed to potentially significant liability, based on the professional advice they give, and the professional decisions they make. Whether you advise clients on M&A strategies, manage a hedge fund, or dispense legal advice, your clients can hold you legally accountable if your actions cause them losses. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers you in such scenarios. It pays for legal expenses and damages, saving you from potentially serious financial setbacks. 

Commercial Property Insurance: If you rent an office, you should protect if from major risks like fire and water damage. You probably store computers and important documents in your office. If a fire were to break out, or your ceiling started leaking water, you wouldn’t want to be left exposed. A Commercial Property policy can help compensate you for damage to your equipment and other business property.

Work Injury Compensation Insurance (WICA Insurance): WICA Insurance covers work-related injuries and illnesses, including Covid-19 infections. MOM requires WICA insurance for all workers who earn below $2,600/month, and all manual workers. Even if your employees don’t meet these legal requirements, it’s still a good idea to purchase WICA insurance for them. This is because employers are liable to pay for all work-related injuries/sickness suffered by employees. WICA Insurance will cover these expensive costs for you. 

Public Liability Insurance: If you travel to meet clients, or if you meet clients in your office, then you should consider getting Public Liability cover. If you accidentally damage other people’s property or cause injuries while running your business, you can be held liable. Public Liability Insurance covers you for legal costs like settlements/damages, and lawyer’s fees. This type of insurance is also sometimes requested for in contracts.

Business Interruption Insurance: This covers your operating expenses if you can’t run your dance studio, due to a covered reason – for instance, if a fire destroys your premises. This is a great cover to have, because it helps you to pay for costs like rent, salaries, and other overhead while you can’t generate revenue.

Cyber Insurance: This is a very useful cover for consultants. It protects you from the costs of cyber breaches. It pays for IT restoration costs. It also covers liability costs if confidential data, like customer information, gets exposed.

How much coverage do I need for my financial/legal services business?

Professional Indemnity Insurance: At least $1 million coverage.

Cyber Insurance: Consider at least $500,000 cover.

Commercial Property Insurance: Your coverage amount should be sufficient to cover the costs of restoring your entire office premises, if it were to be destroyed. Combine the costs of all your renovations, equipment, and belongings stored there. It’s advisable to consider a bare minimum of $100,000.

Public Liability Insurance: Consider a minimum of $250,000 coverage.

Work Injury Compensation Insurance: You should insure 100% of your workforce. MOM requires a minimum of $45,000 medical expenses cover, per worker.

Why use Provide for financial and legal services insurance?

  • Save up to 25% on your premiums
  • Compare quotes from multiple insurers
  • Industry experts to provide tailored advice
  • Available by phone 7 days/week 

Get comprehensive insurance for your financial/legal services business, from $19/month. Speak with our experts today!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.